It's Autumn! I love Autumn! Except that up here in the North where we live, Autumn always brings with it the ominous knowledge that Winter is just around the corner.
So, since it is Autumn and I made that lovely list of "Summer Projects
," I figure I should report on how that went. To put it simply, not so swell.
First, the accomplishments:
• Flags were made and enjoyed
• Headboard was made (picture to come after some, ahem, cleaning action). Although it is not quite as plush or ornate as the one from Pottery Barn, I quite like it.
• One quilt top finished. Currently laid out nicely under all the other half-completed projects on my office couch/guestbed. Quilting is more of a fall/winter activity anyway.
And the un-accomplishments:
• Dress sewing. Not done. But I am pretty sure this little lady is going to keep liking dresses, and I have found a few more to add to the to-make list, so...
• Quilts goes on this list too, as I daftly planned to make multiples.
• Wedding save-the-dates (or STDs as they are known in the wedding-blog-world - gross!). Turns out our set it and run approach to choosing a date was not so effective. I think we have it nailed down now, fingers crossed that the location is still available!
I will be back soon to show you what we did instead of madly quilting during the month of August.
Labels: creativity, inspiration, quilts, sewing