I got to play with horrible chemicals for my latest darkroom experience. Nasty red crystals with the skull and crossbones all over the jar. Oolala! Actually it is basically bleach, painted onto several of the photos to enhance contrast, bring out the bright spots and make some interesting bleach spots.
The solution was potassium ferricyanide (I know, cyanide. I like living dangerously) mixed with fixer solution. I made it relatively weak (less potassium ferricyanide and more fixer) and then applied it with a paintbrush.
I think that with this, I am finally done with the photography. I don't have quite as many as I would have liked, but instead of photography on every page, I have become excited about embroidering some words.
Now, I just have to get busy. Or keep busy. I just have to finish. Time is seriously running out!